8 Foods to Support Your Immune System
To support your immune system, which is extremely important in conditions of global coronavirus outbreak, you should eat a balanced diet containing adequate protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These are eight foods and food groups that help you to keep your immunity in order:
- Almonds: rich in vitamin E, which is important for supporting the immune system, a good source of protein and healthy fat.
- Bell peppers: rich in vitamin C, which takes part in forming antibodies that fight illnesses.
- Broccoli: contains a lot of antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E (and) potassium, as well as healthy fiber.
- Citrus fruits: have such benefits as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Dark leafy greens: a good source of beta carotene which takes part in reducing inflammation and increasing disease-fighting cells.
- Garlic: contains compounds that destroy bacteria and infection.
- Pumpkin seeds: a great source of zinc, which is crucial for immune cell functioning.
- Red peppers: contain as much vitamin C as citrus fruits.
A new study, performed by scientists from France, finds that even people who experienced mild symptoms of the novel coronavirus develop antibodies to it. For their study, a team of researchers analyzed blood samples taken from 160 medics who had a mild form of...
A recent study, completed by researchers from Canada, finds that a 20-minute session of moderate-intensity exercise, for example, a brisk walk, is equivalent to a dose of caffeine in improving working memory. In their study, researchers checked what would happen to...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...