8 Healthy Foods You Really Need to Eat in Moderation
Eating healthy foods in moderation is important because eating too much of one product may mean sacrificing other healthy foods. And the wider variety of foods you eat, the more vitamins and minerals you receive. Also, some of the healthy foods are packed with calories and this can lead to the weight gain, not loss.
These eight foods are worth measuring out, if you want to avoid undesirable weight gain:
- Almonds. Reasonable portion: 23 almonds per snack or 2 tablespoons as a topper for your salad.
- Salad dressing. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons.
- Avocado. Reasonable portion: ¼ avocado.
- Peanut butter. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons for a meal and 1 tablespoon for a snack.
- Granola. Reasonable portion: 2-4 tablespoons.
- Oil. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons for vegetables, 1-2 tablespoons for family-sized portion of meat.
- Cooked pasta. Reasonable portion: 1-2 cooked cups.
- Juice. Reasonable portion: ¾ cup.
More information here.
A new study, performed by researchers from the University of Graz, Austria, finds that a compound known as 4,4'-dimethoxychalcone (DMC) in Japanese ashitaba can boost cellular health and prolong youth. For the study, the researchers conducted experiments with the...
Recent research suggests that a handful of nuts, such as Brazil nut, cashew or pistachios, may reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke by 33% in people with diabetes. Having performed analysis of the received data, the researchers discovered that people who ate an...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more