8 Healthy Foods You Really Need to Eat in Moderation
Eating healthy foods in moderation is important because eating too much of one product may mean sacrificing other healthy foods. And the wider variety of foods you eat, the more vitamins and minerals you receive. Also, some of the healthy foods are packed with calories and this can lead to the weight gain, not loss.
These eight foods are worth measuring out, if you want to avoid undesirable weight gain:
- Almonds. Reasonable portion: 23 almonds per snack or 2 tablespoons as a topper for your salad.
- Salad dressing. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons.
- Avocado. Reasonable portion: ¼ avocado.
- Peanut butter. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons for a meal and 1 tablespoon for a snack.
- Granola. Reasonable portion: 2-4 tablespoons.
- Oil. Reasonable portion: 2 tablespoons for vegetables, 1-2 tablespoons for family-sized portion of meat.
- Cooked pasta. Reasonable portion: 1-2 cooked cups.
- Juice. Reasonable portion: ¾ cup.
More information here.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more