8 Major Benefits of Mediterranean Diet for Your Health
Mediterranean diet includes foods that are high in omega-3s and healthy fats, such as fish, olive oil, nuts, grains, fruits, and vegetables. Here are the 8 major benefits of this diet:
1. It is good for your heart, as it is associated with the decreased risk of heart disease, stroke, and early death.
2. It boosts your brain health lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
3. The diet helps with depression and anxiety.
4. The diet is connected to the lower risk of cancers such as colon cancer, breast cancer, and gastric cancer.
5. It helps to keep healthy weight.
6. It is good for post-menopausal women, positively impacting bone and muscle mass.
7. It is good for healthy microbiota.
8. The diet is linked to the longevity.
According to recent clinical research, with the results published in JAMA, high doses of vitamin D may prevent the growth of colorectal cancer in combination with chemotherapy. During the study, the researchers observed that progression of the disease in patients who...
A new study from Boston University, US, demonstrates that electrostimulation may improve the working memory in people in their 70s. In the course of the study, the researchers asked a group of people in their 20s and a group in their 60s and 70s to complete a bunch of...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more