9 Foods and Beverages that Can Harm Your Immune System
The best way to support your immune system is to keep a healthy well-balanced diet. Although there are no absolute “good” or “bad” foods for your immunity, healthy eating habits play a crucial role in maintaining the good condition of the immune system. But there are also foods and beverages that can harm the immune system. Here they are:
- Alcoholic beverages compromise the immune system by reducing the cells that fight infection. Alcohol drinks increase the susceptibility to pneumonia, sepsis, and poor wound healing.
- Caffeine before going to bed hinders your healthy sleep which in turn weakens your immunity.
- Canned or dried fruits often contain added sugar leading to an imbalance of the microbiome.
- Dairy products may lead to inflammation, a leaky gut, food intolerance in some people.
- Junk food provides a high amount of calories, fat, and sodium and low in nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
- Food additives, preservatives, and colorings are highly processed and cause inflammation.
- Processed foods like bacon, canned soups, and vegetables, frozen dinners contain lots of sugar, refined carbs, additives, and preservatives that are associated with inflammation.
- Refined foods like white flour, white bread can cause an imbalance in the gut microbiome.
- Refined vegetable oils also can lead to inflammation and imbalance in the gut microbiome.
For the six months of the COVID-19 scientists learned a lot about the spread of the novel virus, its effect on the human body, and the range of symptoms it causes. Below you will find four unusual things the researchers found out about the coronavirus: COVID-19 is...
The analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses, performed by Scripps Research Institute from the US, showed that there was no evidence that the virus was engineered in a laboratory. The study says that the Chinese coronavirus that...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...