9 Foods and Beverages that Can Help Promote Feelings of Calm
The COVID-19 pandemic that has claimed around 5 million lives worldwide has added to the anxieties of everyone in the world. In May 2021, the American Psychiatric Association released a poll showing that 64% of Americans were anxious about the people they love catching SARS-CoV-2. Moreover, 41% of Americans reported feeling more anxious than they did the previous year.
While there's no food or beverage able to eliminate anxiety or depression, it still can affect the level of calm. So here are 9 foods and beverages that may help protect from anxiety and stress:
- Raw fruits and vegetables which are associated with better mental health: apples, bananas, carrots, citrus fruits, cucumbers, dark leafy greens, fresh berries, kiwi fruit, lettuce.
- Pumpkin and squash seeds.
- Fermented foods such as raw apple cider vinegar, kefir, kimchi, yogurt.
- Foods rich in vitamin C such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, cantaloupe, cauliflower, clementines, grapefruit, green and red peppers, kiwi fruit, spinach, tomatoes, and winter squash.
- Whole grains including wheat flour bread, quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, and millet.
- Peppermint tea.
- Milk, including plant-based milk: almond milk, cow’s milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, lactose-free milk, oat milk, and pea milk.
- Dark chocolate.
A new study, conducted by researchers from King’s College London, suggests that drinking just four pints of beer or small glasses of wine a week increases the risk of developing dementia. For their research, a team of scientists analyzed data on over 15,000 people...
Last week, Brigham and Women's Hospital announced that they are ready to start the first human trial of a nasal vaccine for Alzheimer's aimed to prevent or slow the progression of the condition. In this small trial, 16 people aged 60–85 with marked Alzheimer's...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. Kangoo...