9 Foods and Beverages You Should Avoid When You Are Sick
Every time you’re fighting a cold, flu or a stomach bug, you probably cannot think of food. But in any case, you should. Being sick, you should carefully choose what to eat as there are good and bad choices to every illness.
Here are 9 foods and drinks you should stop consuming when you are sick:
- Coffee. Avoid in all illnesses, but especially when you have a stomach bug.
- Orange juice. Avoid if you have a cough or a sore throat.
- Sweets. Avoid in any type of illness, but especially with a stomach bug.
- Soda. Avoid any time of illness, but especially with a stomach bug.
- Crunchy snacks. Avoid when you have a cough or a sore throat.
- Alcohol. Avoid any time of illness, but especially with a stomach bug.
- Milk. Avoid when you have stuffiness and congestion.
- Fried or fatty foods. Avoid when you have a stomach bug.
- Spicy foods. Avoid when you have a runny nose.
More information about these foods and drinks you can find here.
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more