9 Reasons to Include Asparagus into Your Diet
Nutritionists all over the world agree that asparagus is a vegetable full of nutrients that are good for the cells, heart and digestive systems. Below you will find nine health benefits of this plant:
- Asparagus contains many antioxidants that can help prevent chronic diseases.
- One cup of this plant has approximately 3 grams of fiber, which is a crucial component for the normal function of the digestive system.
- There are prebiotic compounds, like inulin, boosting good bacteria growth in the gut.
- The plant contains compounds that are natural diuretics promoting urine production and helping to cope with bloating.
- Asparagus is full of folate, or vitamin B, which means that pregnant women should include it into the diet with no doubts.
- This vegetable contains lots of vitamin K (about 45 mcg in a half-cup of cooked asparagus), a dependent protein vital to the blood clotting process.
- This non-starchy vegetable can improve blood glucose levels.
- The plant contains selenium and glutathione that protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of developing chronic disease.
- Due to the high level of potassium, asparagus can counteract the effects of sodium in your diet to promote healthy blood pressure.
According to a new study, conducted by a team of researchers from the Technical University of Munich, Germany, gut bacteria patterns may help doctors to diagnose diabetes. The team analyzed the microbiomes of approximately 2,000 people within 24 hours and their...
A new study on stem cells that appeared in the journal Cell Reports Medicine shows that COVID-19 can infect heart cells via the same receptor as the one present in the lungs. For the study, scientists programmed the stem cells called induced pluripotent stem cells...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...