5 Risk Factors That Are Almost as Harmful as Cigarette Smoking
Cigarette smoking considered to be the largest risk factor for morbidity and mortality in developed countries. Nevertheless, according to the national studies, it tends to decrease in the recent decades. But there are also other risk factors coming into a view. Here are 5 things in your everyday life you should pay attention to avoid health risks:
- Loneliness reduces lifespan by the equivalent of smoking 15 cigarettes daily, according to a research from Brigham Young University.
- Sitting increases people’s risks for colon, endometrial, and lung cancer.
- Poor sleep is considered as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Indoor tanning increases the risk of skin cancer.
- A poor diet high in sugar, processed foods, and saturated fats expose people to potentially fatal diseases at similar rates as smoking.
A large study from the United Kingdom, published in The BMJ, suggests that maintaining physical activity or achieving higher levels of it in the middle and older age linked to a lower risk of death, regardless of past activity levels or existing health conditions....
Scientists from St Georges University Hospital in Tooting, UK, find that using a pedometer (step counting device) can form a habit lasting for years and significantly reduce the risk of the heart attack or broken bones. The team of researchers conducted an experiment...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more