5 Risk Factors That Are Almost as Harmful as Cigarette Smoking
Cigarette smoking considered to be the largest risk factor for morbidity and mortality in developed countries. Nevertheless, according to the national studies, it tends to decrease in the recent decades. But there are also other risk factors coming into a view. Here are 5 things in your everyday life you should pay attention to avoid health risks:
- Loneliness reduces lifespan by the equivalent of smoking 15 cigarettes daily, according to a research from Brigham Young University.
- Sitting increases people’s risks for colon, endometrial, and lung cancer.
- Poor sleep is considered as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Indoor tanning increases the risk of skin cancer.
- A poor diet high in sugar, processed foods, and saturated fats expose people to potentially fatal diseases at similar rates as smoking.
New research from Arizona State University in Tempe, US, suggests that uterus may interact with the brain and influence the memory. For the study, a team of researchers used a rat model. The female rats were included into four groups, and the rats from three groups...
A new Swedish study finds that 10 pm on Christmas Eve is the peak time for the risk of having a heart attack, for the senior people and people with the existing issue in particular. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed data from 283,014 cases of heart attack...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more