5 Risk Factors That Are Almost as Harmful as Cigarette Smoking
Cigarette smoking considered to be the largest risk factor for morbidity and mortality in developed countries. Nevertheless, according to the national studies, it tends to decrease in the recent decades. But there are also other risk factors coming into a view. Here are 5 things in your everyday life you should pay attention to avoid health risks:
- Loneliness reduces lifespan by the equivalent of smoking 15 cigarettes daily, according to a research from Brigham Young University.
- Sitting increases people’s risks for colon, endometrial, and lung cancer.
- Poor sleep is considered as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Indoor tanning increases the risk of skin cancer.
- A poor diet high in sugar, processed foods, and saturated fats expose people to potentially fatal diseases at similar rates as smoking.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more