How to Set and Reach Realistic Fitness Goals: 5 Tips
Marcus Bondi, bodyweight trainer and strength and fitness Guinness World Record holder, says: “Fixating on unrealistic goals merely ensures unnecessary personal failure, soul-wrenching heartache, self-defeating lies and pointless recriminations!".
Here are some tips for seting the correct fitness goal and achieving results.
- Time it right. To set the right goal, you need to clarify how much time you need to complete it according to you normal daily life. “Consider what else is going on in your life and if you actually have the time available to dedicate to your fitness goal,” Louder says.
- Set weight-loss targets. If you’re setting out to lose weight this year, breaking your fitness goal down into smaller targets will help keep you motivated.
- Go back where you start if motivation disappears. If your motivation begins to wavier remember re-setting a goal is not failing – it is about you staying on course to change. “Understand that positive physical change is incremental and have a plan suited to your abilities and need for change.”
- Run for distance not time. If training for a fun run, then focus on the fun part first! Then, set out to achieve gradually increasing the distance you can cover in your long runs.“It is quite difficult to run for time unless you have built up the fitness and know you can keep going for 30 or 45 minutes – but that will come,” Louder says.
- Track your progress right. Using apps and devices to track your progress can help propel you towards achieving your fitness goal. After all, you can’t beat the satisfaction you feel when you see an increase in the distance you run, calories you burn or steps you take.Try not to obsess over the numbers and push beyond your means, which can risk injury or burn out
A new study, performed by researchers from Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Japan, suggests that two compounds in coffee may help slow down the growth of prostate cancer cells. A team of scientists tested the effect of several coffee compounds...
A new study from Penn State University suggests that an extract from avocado seeds can be used for reducing inflammation caused by white cells. To check their hypothesis, a team of researchers executed laboratory-based experiments which included cell cultures and...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more