How to Set and Reach Realistic Fitness Goals: 5 Tips
Marcus Bondi, bodyweight trainer and strength and fitness Guinness World Record holder, says: “Fixating on unrealistic goals merely ensures unnecessary personal failure, soul-wrenching heartache, self-defeating lies and pointless recriminations!".
Here are some tips for seting the correct fitness goal and achieving results.
- Time it right. To set the right goal, you need to clarify how much time you need to complete it according to you normal daily life. “Consider what else is going on in your life and if you actually have the time available to dedicate to your fitness goal,” Louder says.
- Set weight-loss targets. If you’re setting out to lose weight this year, breaking your fitness goal down into smaller targets will help keep you motivated.
- Go back where you start if motivation disappears. If your motivation begins to wavier remember re-setting a goal is not failing – it is about you staying on course to change. “Understand that positive physical change is incremental and have a plan suited to your abilities and need for change.”
- Run for distance not time. If training for a fun run, then focus on the fun part first! Then, set out to achieve gradually increasing the distance you can cover in your long runs.“It is quite difficult to run for time unless you have built up the fitness and know you can keep going for 30 or 45 minutes – but that will come,” Louder says.
- Track your progress right. Using apps and devices to track your progress can help propel you towards achieving your fitness goal. After all, you can’t beat the satisfaction you feel when you see an increase in the distance you run, calories you burn or steps you take.Try not to obsess over the numbers and push beyond your means, which can risk injury or burn out
According to a recent study, published in The Journal of Physiology, exercising four to five times per week may help stop the main arteries to the heart from stiffening up. The researchers from the US have found that those who exercise four to five times per week had...
A new study from Brazil suggests that trendy intermittent fasting may be the reason for increasing insulin levels and the amount of abdominal fat. It also may lead to the damage of pancreatic cells. Intermittent fasting diet is a diet when a dieting person has “fast”...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more