How to Set and Reach Realistic Fitness Goals: 5 Tips
Marcus Bondi, bodyweight trainer and strength and fitness Guinness World Record holder, says: “Fixating on unrealistic goals merely ensures unnecessary personal failure, soul-wrenching heartache, self-defeating lies and pointless recriminations!".
Here are some tips for seting the correct fitness goal and achieving results.
- Time it right. To set the right goal, you need to clarify how much time you need to complete it according to you normal daily life. “Consider what else is going on in your life and if you actually have the time available to dedicate to your fitness goal,” Louder says.
- Set weight-loss targets. If you’re setting out to lose weight this year, breaking your fitness goal down into smaller targets will help keep you motivated.
- Go back where you start if motivation disappears. If your motivation begins to wavier remember re-setting a goal is not failing – it is about you staying on course to change. “Understand that positive physical change is incremental and have a plan suited to your abilities and need for change.”
- Run for distance not time. If training for a fun run, then focus on the fun part first! Then, set out to achieve gradually increasing the distance you can cover in your long runs.“It is quite difficult to run for time unless you have built up the fitness and know you can keep going for 30 or 45 minutes – but that will come,” Louder says.
- Track your progress right. Using apps and devices to track your progress can help propel you towards achieving your fitness goal. After all, you can’t beat the satisfaction you feel when you see an increase in the distance you run, calories you burn or steps you take.Try not to obsess over the numbers and push beyond your means, which can risk injury or burn out
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more