Constipation is the case when a person has fewer than three bowel movements in a week. But some people feel discomfort without daily bowel movements. This condition can be treated using herbal teas. Here are 9 best options to stimulate bowel movement:
- Senna. It also can be administered in the form of pills that contain a higher concentration and can be highly effective in relieving constipation.
- Peppermint tea helps to relax upset stomach while moving stool through the intestines.
- Ginger tea is used to calm irritation in the digestive system and improve digestion.
- Dandelion helps with bloating and occasional constipation. It also can stimulate the liver to produce bile which can mediately help with constipation.
- Black tea, green tea, and coffee contain caffeine that is also a natural stimulator for bowel movements in many people.
- Licorice root has an anti-inflammatory effect and may aid digestion.
- Marshmallow root has laxative properties.
- Chamomile tea after meals and at the end of the day helps calm the muscles of the intestine and speed up the time between a meal and a bowel movement.
- Parsley tea may help relieve mild constipations.