A ketogenic diet is a low-carb high-fat diet, which is popular among athletes and average people. This diet is based on the process called ketosis. This is a process when your body is starved of glucose for fuel and must look for fat sources instead. Normally, you fuel your body with glucose in the form of carbohydrates found in flour, grains, veggies, legumes, dairy products, and fruits. And here’s what happens to your body when you go on the ketogenic diet:
- Your insulin levels drop.
- You’re less hungry during the day.
- You can start feeling sick.
- Your breath might smell.
- You might not be able to poop.
- Your body might slow down.