Those who try to lose or maintain healthy weight know how complicated it is to make lunch every morning before work or cook dinner from scratch every night. And sometimes, it is even impossible. The simple solution to this issued is to dedicate a couple hours on Sunday to meal preparation. When you know what to cook and what is the best way to do it, the whole process of preparation is a lot more simple. Here are the 10 foods that are the best to prepare on Sunday to have your healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on time:
- Whole-wheat or chickpea pasta.
- Hardboiled eggs.
- Whole chicken.
- Ground beef or turkey.
- Crunchy veggies.
- Roasted vegetables.
It is well-known fact that vegetables are really good for health, especially when you cook vegetables in ways that maximize their benefits.
A number of studies show that process of cooking make it easier for your body to absorb nutrients from veggies.
Scientists distinguish four healthiest ways to cook vegetables:
- Steaming. Steaming is considered to be one of the best ways to cook vegetables as it’s best to keep cooking time, temperature and the amount of liquid to a minimum.
- Microwaving. Cooking veggies in microwave oven use a little amount of water and can heat the vegetables from inside, preserving nutrients.
- Sauteing. Sauteing in a small amount of healthy cooking oil is a great way to cook veggies. Experts say that addition of olive oil appears to increase the absorption of phytonutrients like phenols and carotenes.
- Griddling, baking and roasting. Vegetables griddled with a bit of olive oil can develop intense flavour and be healthy. Baking or roasting depend on a particular vegetable.
Which way is the best? The correct answer: it depends on the vegetable.
More information here.