The latest research from the American Academy of Pediatrics lists family dinner as one of the key strategy people can use to prevent obesity and eating disorders among adolescence.
The report of this study says that eating family dinner together seven or more times per week leads to consuming one serving of fruits and vegetables per day compared to families who had no meals together.
Another research suggests that people who eat mostly home-cooked meals not only eat healthier but also consume nearly 135 fewer calories per day on average compared to people who don’t cook their own meals.
More details here.
Mini-quiches with spinach, smoked fish and tomatoes
chicken eggs 6 pcs.
smoked red fish 200 g
cherry tomatoes 12 pieces.
spicy cheese 100g
small red onion 1 piece.
1 handful of spinach
a small bunch of dill 1 piece.
100 ml of milk
olive oil 1 tbsp.
Related: Quick and Easy Recipes to Lower your Cholesterol
How to cook:
- Peel red onion and cut it into thin half-rings.
- Preheat an olive oil in frying pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add spinach to the onion in frying pan and mix it.
- Whip eggs and milk with a fork.
- Grate cheese on fine grater.
- Cut cherry into small pieces.
- Chop dill finely.
- Cut fish into small pieces.
- By the eggs with the milk add the grated cheese, tomatoes, fish, fennel, spinach, onion and mix well.
- Put a paper for baking in forms for cupcakes and put the egg mass.
- Bake mini quiches in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Pie “Snail” with spinach and cheese
frozen spinach 400g
Adygei cheese 150g
hard cheese 100g
sesame seeds 1 pinch
black sesame seeds 1 pinch
1 pinch of salt
ground black pepper 1 pinch
curry ½ tbsp
puff pastry without yeast
How to cook:
- Thaw the dough and spinach. Prepare the filling: squeeze moisture from spinach, drainage.
- Add 2 types of grated cheese, a pinch of salt, 1/3 teaspoon black pepper, 0.5 tablespoon curry to spinach. Mix well.
- Roll out and cut each dough sheet lengthwise into 4 equal strips so you will have 8 parts.
- On each strip evenly spread the stuffing over the entire length and wrap them. Hands must be dry, you can sprinkle them with flour. Refill the stuffing inside, so that we’ve got 8 “sausages”.
- Spread our “sausages” on a baking sheet by seam down, starting from the middle. Fastening them together.
- In order to have the pie brown, lubricate it with a sweet water. To do this, stir 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup water. To decorate the cake sprinkle it with sesame.
- Put the pie in a preheated 200 ° C oven for 30 minutes, then for 10 minutes at 180 ° C. Baking time is adjusted depending on your oven. When the pie is brown, it’s ready.