Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. In modern science, we have managed to find useful applications of honey in chronic wound management.
While honey is high in fructose, it has many benefits when consumed in moderation. Here are 5 health benefits of honey, known by modern science:
- Honey may be helpful in preventing Gastroesophageal reflux.
- Honey shortens the duration of bacterial diarrhea in children.
- Honey may heal burns and wounds.
- Honey may treat allergies.
- Honey kills bacteria by destroying key bacterial proteins.
More information here.