Eating healthy without spending a lot of money sometimes seems impossible, especially when you see all those fancy recipes on pages dedicated to healthy eating and fitness. But healthy eating doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You can find affordable nutrient-packed foods in almost every grocery shop without any additional efforts. You just need to know what to look for. So here’s the list of 10 cheapest healthy foods for your healthy life:
- Lentils. It is actually a superfood as it’s a great plant-based protein that can be stored for years. Lentils are also full of fiber and incredibly versatile.
- Canned beans. Like lentils, beans are a great source of protein and fiber. They are also high in iron.
- Canned fish. Tuna and salmon are the two types of canned fish you can find in your local supermarket. It’s full of protein, you can add it to salads, pasta, and sandwiches
- Eggs. Waist-friendly food. Having low price, eggs can be cooked in a million different ways.
- Tofu. Another plant-based protein. It’s also high in iron. You can add it to many recipes.
- Bananas. This is a reliably pretty cheap fruit, full of a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese.
- Dried cranberries. Add them to oatmeal, salads, or you can eat them even by themselves.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with fiber and has a little protein to boot.
- Whole wheat pasta. Whole wheat pasta is loaded with complex carbohydrates and fiber, it has more protein than white flour pasta.
- Brown rice. It is high in fiber too. This is also a great ingredient to prepare ahead.
More details here.