A new study, executed by the scientists from Columbia University, discovered that keeping secrets may lead to a lower level of well-being, as well as affect your productivity.
For the research, a team of researchers has analyzed the data including 13,000 secrets from 10 previous studies. The topics of the secrets were such as romantic desire, finances, and sexual behavior.
Malia Mason, one of the authors of the study and an associate professor of management at Columbia Business School, says: “Secrets exert a gravitational pull on our attention. It’s the cyclical revisiting of our mistakes that explains the harmful effects that secrets can have on our well-being.”
Sometimes you complete your tasks easily with plenty of time left, and sometimes it is difficult to get all your assignments done in time. Well, we all have lazy days and there is nothing to be ashamed of. But if you want to boost your productivity irrespectively to your today’s mood, these 7 productivity hacks are just what you need:
- To-do list. This seems the first logical step for a productive day, but the trick is in doing it correctly.
- Healthy snack. Making healthy snacks and meals can be a simple but very powerful way to accomplish your tasks.
- A minimalist workplace. Scientists say that to increase your concentration level while you work at your desk, it is necessary to eliminate the excess mess.
- Coffee or tea. It can be the energy boost you need to boost your productivity.
- Taking a break. Scientists proved that employees were more productive when they took breaks throughout the day.
- A nap. Napping has been shown to increase alertness, improve creativity and boost productivity.
- Talk to people. Workplace friendships can increase job satisfaction and productivity as well as decrease stress. At least, the American Psychological Association says.
More informaiton here.