Have you ever had a situation when you finally realized that an underripe avocado lying on your counter for a week will never ripen? And throwing food is no good.
Fortunately, there is a great alternative to food wasting. You may use the following ways to turn your green fruit into something delicious and healthy. Here you are 7 amazing ideas for avocado miracle:
- Stuff it with something tasty and bake it.
- Grate it and add to your favourite dishes.
- Make avocado fries.
- Add diced avocado to your enchilada before stuffing the tortillas and baking.
- Add it to stir-fry.
- Add lime juice and toss it on the grill.
- Pickle it.
More about these wonderful ways to cook avocados here.
It is really important to follow specific diet if you have pancreatitis which should have a lot of protein. It is necessary to reduce or eliminate fat and carbohydrates, in particular sugar, 99% of which is composed of carbohydrate, and exclude any fried food products containing coarse fiber. It is advisable to take vitamins. You should eat a little bit but often, ie 5-6 times per day.
It is hard to believe (especially for those who suffer from pancreatitis and read all nutrtion recommendations) but there are tasty meals you can cook easily at home and keep following strict rules of your diet.
fresh beetroots 60 g
potatoes 70 g
fresh cucumbers 30 g
fresh carrot 40 g
fresh tomatoes 25 g
olive oil 1 tsp (10 g)
How to cook:
Boil potatoes and carrots in skin until tender, cool, peel, cut into small cubes or slices.
Boil beets separately until tender, cool, peel, cut into small cubes or slices.
Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes cut into small slices.
Combine sliced vegetables, season with olive oil.
Potato roll with minced meat
Beef 100 g
Potatoes 190 g
Eggs 1\5 pcs.
Butter 5 g
Milk 20 g
Sour cream 10 g
How to cook:
Boil beef until tender, mince it, add butter and mix well.
Peel the potatoes, boil in salted water until tender, drain the water and rub or knead until smooth. Then, add milk and eggs to a little cooled mashed potatoes, mix well and put the resulting mass in the tissue layer of about 1cm. In the middle of the mass lay minced boiled meat, roll into a rolls.
Roll the rolls from tissue by the seam side down on a baking tray greased with butter, lubricate the surface with sour cream, make a few punctures using fork and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. When serving, cut it into portions and serve with sour cream. Potato roll with minced meat can be served with salad or vegetables, sprinkled with herbs.
Mini-quiches with spinach, smoked fish and tomatoes
chicken eggs 6 pcs.
smoked red fish 200 g
cherry tomatoes 12 pieces.
spicy cheese 100g
small red onion 1 piece.
1 handful of spinach
a small bunch of dill 1 piece.
100 ml of milk
olive oil 1 tbsp.
Related: Quick and Easy Recipes to Lower your Cholesterol
How to cook:
- Peel red onion and cut it into thin half-rings.
- Preheat an olive oil in frying pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add spinach to the onion in frying pan and mix it.
- Whip eggs and milk with a fork.
- Grate cheese on fine grater.
- Cut cherry into small pieces.
- Chop dill finely.
- Cut fish into small pieces.
- By the eggs with the milk add the grated cheese, tomatoes, fish, fennel, spinach, onion and mix well.
- Put a paper for baking in forms for cupcakes and put the egg mass.
- Bake mini quiches in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Pie “Snail” with spinach and cheese
frozen spinach 400g
Adygei cheese 150g
hard cheese 100g
sesame seeds 1 pinch
black sesame seeds 1 pinch
1 pinch of salt
ground black pepper 1 pinch
curry ½ tbsp
puff pastry without yeast
How to cook:
- Thaw the dough and spinach. Prepare the filling: squeeze moisture from spinach, drainage.
- Add 2 types of grated cheese, a pinch of salt, 1/3 teaspoon black pepper, 0.5 tablespoon curry to spinach. Mix well.
- Roll out and cut each dough sheet lengthwise into 4 equal strips so you will have 8 parts.
- On each strip evenly spread the stuffing over the entire length and wrap them. Hands must be dry, you can sprinkle them with flour. Refill the stuffing inside, so that we’ve got 8 “sausages”.
- Spread our “sausages” on a baking sheet by seam down, starting from the middle. Fastening them together.
- In order to have the pie brown, lubricate it with a sweet water. To do this, stir 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup water. To decorate the cake sprinkle it with sesame.
- Put the pie in a preheated 200 ° C oven for 30 minutes, then for 10 minutes at 180 ° C. Baking time is adjusted depending on your oven. When the pie is brown, it’s ready.