This condition mainly happens on hands, knees and elbows and symptoms may vary in different people. It also has a strong genetic link, so this disease can often run in families.
These are seven tips how to cope with eczema from Dr. Johanna Ward
- Resist the itch, as eczema is itchy in most cases no matter where it occurs on the body and although it may be tempting to scratch the affected skin, this should be avoided.
- Moisturize. Hydrating skin is a key thing when having the condition as dry skin will further exacerbate itching.
- Avoid excessive washing. A lot of washing worsen eczema as it dries the hands.
- Keep it cool. Heating can make symptoms worse, it aggravates the condition.
- Dress smart. Avoid fabrics that can irritate the condition (wool, nylon).
- Choose right food. Some foods, like milk and eggs may trigger eczema symptoms.
More information here.