All of us expirience stress more or less. It influences not only our mood and general wellness, but does a physical changes in our bodies too. There are two hormones that are releasing when person is stressed: adrenaline and cortisol. Adrenaline increases energy and heart rate, elavates a blood pressure. And cortisol increases blood glucose and slows digestive system. After the stress releasing, these hormones should return to normal quantity.
But there are people who live with increased leveles of stress hormones and it is fraught with a lot of health problems as GI distress, loss of memory, changes in weight and reduced immune function.
There are some tips that can help you to eat healthy in stressful times:
- your appetite may be not so strong and you can eaily forget to eat in time, so set the alarm to remind you to eat
- have healthful snacks easily accessible
- clean and prepare your fruits and vegetables before
- keep yogurt or cottage cheese cups in the refrigerator
- make the portions of popcorn and unsalted nuts and keep them in servng bags