High-intensity interval training, or HIIT, is a form of interval training, a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods until one is too exhausted to continue.
This technique doesn’t require any special fitness skills. At the same time, it may help you to spend less time in a gym but faster achieve your fitness goals. And here are other 10 reasons to try HIIT workout:
It burns more calories in general.
It burns more fat in less time.
It continues to burn calories even after the activity itself.
It strengthens your heart.
It helps to maintain your normal blood sugar level.
Immediately after training, your body burns calories with an eerie speed. Let it complete this process: the first meal after training should not be more than an hour later.
2. Drinking energy drinks
Many people are trying to speed up the metabolism, washing down exercise with energy drinks. Do not do this at all – there is a lot of sugar in the energy sector, and you only slow down the process of burning fat by feeding the body with fast carbohydrates.
Even if you are exhausted, do not go to bed after a workout. The organism needs about 2 hours, so that all processes slow down and the body is ready for bed. You can compare the rapid retirement to sleep after training with emergency braking: harmful for suspension, and for rubber, and for the engine.
4. Skiping the stretch
Most often after strength training, fitness club attendees do not stay for half an hour stretching, and this is a big mistake. Soothe muscles, give lactic acid – all this contributes to the greater effect of training.
5. Wiping your face with a towel
More precisely the same towel that you just put on the simulator. Experts guarantee inflammation to everyone who does it!
6. Going home without taking a shower
Even if you live 5 minutes from the fitness club, take a shower immediately after training. 5 minutes is enough to keep the sweat dry, clogging the upper layer of the skin, where bacteria immediately start to multiply.
7. Limiting drinking
After training, drink as much as you want. Water will not make you fat, but to suffer thirst – it’s bad!
It is very important to monitor your heart rate and health condition during training, and if you are a “beginner” – then this is the main thing in the first stage.
1. There are lots of different fitness gadgets now (fitness trackers, smart clocks, heart rate monitors).The easiest way is to get one of these, which will always be able to assess the degree of the load received.
2. It is possible to carry out self-counting of blows on the carotid artery or wrist. The rate is felt best in these places. When the number of hits in 15 seconds is determined, it is multiplied by 4. It should be taken into account that this method is not absolutely accurate.
3. There is a formula for calculating the lower and upper heart rate for training. To determine the lower limit, it is necessary to take away your age (for example 20) from 200 and multiply by 0.6 to get 120 beats per minute – below this rate you should not train, so the effect will be minimal.
4. The upper limit is also considered, only the coefficient is increased to 0.8, so we get the maximum allowable rate in training – 144. It is not necessary to go beyond the upper limit, since this increases the load on the heart. In order for the training to be effective, the heart rate must be between the lower and upper boundaries.