We all know how to burn calories by working out. But what about burning calories after you’ve finished exercising? You can boost post-exercise afterburn using just one of these seven weight-loss strategies, approved by health experts:
- Prioritize bigger compound exercises like chest presses over isolation moves like biceps curls.
- Lift heavy weights as it spikes your afterburn.
- Do not skip high-intensity interval training. HIIT workouts offer an effective method to keep your body burning calories after you have cooled down.
- Take a metabolic resistant training. It challenges your muscle and anaerobic system.
- Monitor your heart rate during the workout.
- Increase the intensity and efficiency of a strength-training routine by performing two exercises back-to-back.
- Use heavier weights during the final two or three repetitions of the exercise.
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym.
- Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs perfectly works out the muscles of the buttocks.
- Fitball instead of an office chair. It’s not a secret for anyone that sitting down motionless work does not bring any benefit. If you have such a job, we advise you to push aside the office chair and replace it with a fitball. Fitball will perfectly strengthen all the muscles, especially the muscles of the legs. Also you will improve your posture in the shortest possible time.
- Go to work on a bicycle. It might be difficult to do in winter, but from April to the end of October you can safely replace personal or public transport with a great one. Firstly, you will improve your physical form, and secondly – you will save on petrol and traveling on public transport.
- Play fitness video games. There are many games which are associated with the movement of your body.There is even a special console Wii Fit developed by Nintendo. Among the games you can choose aerobics, exercise, yoga or balance exercises. Useful and very fun.
- Fitness with video lessons. It’s simple. Buy a DVD or find an online training program and do it at home. After all, in fact, you will be engaged in a special program, which is used in gyms.
- Walk with the dog. A great way to keep yourself in shape for dog owners. Make walks with your pet longer and more intense. Increase the distance.
- Dancing is a very effective method in combating excess kilograms. Just turn on the music and dance. You will burn calories and improve coordination.
- House cleaning. Regular cleaning allows you to kill two birds with one stone. First, you maintain cleanliness at home, and secondly get a payload. Carry a heavy vacuum cleaner throughout the apartment, wash the floors, clean the bathroom – that’s a great way to keep your body in tone.
Read also: 3 Yoga Exercises That Will Help You to Get Rid of Insomnia
A panel of health experts on behalf of US News & World Report assessed 40 popular diets ranking them from lowest to highest in several categories including diets for weight loss, diabetes, and heart health. The results of the research include the following top-rated diets.
The health experts chose Weight Watchers and the Volumetrics diet as two best diets for people who want to lose weight. The best diet for heart health is the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH), and the best option for people with diabetes is the Mediterranean diet.
Moreover, the experts conclude that regardless of the eating plan you stick on, it’s important to keep physical activity on the recommended level.
In the modern world, everybody knows how good fruit is for our health. It contains many essential vitamins and antioxidants. Many studies prove that eating fruits and vegetables on a daily basis can help reduce the risk of death and lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. But for those who try to lose some weight and burn fat, it is extremely important to choose right fruits. Here are top 5 low-carb fruits that are the best choice for your low-carb diet:
- Apricots have only 3.89 grams of carbs and only 17 calories. It is also a great source of vitamin A.
- Kiwi has 11 grams of carbs and rich in vitamin C and vitamin K.
- Watermelon contains only 11 grams of carbs per one cup of cubed watermelon. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
- Strawberry has 11 grams of carbs per cup with 149% of daily vitamin C needs.
- Avocado has only 8.53 grams of carbs in a 100-gram avocado. It is a good source of fiber and healthy fat.
Over the past 20 years many diets, trends, and patterns have changed but most healthy habits stay practically the same. Here’s the list of top 8 tips that will make your diet healthier and make you feel better:
- Eat often – it keeps your metabolism and energy up and helps you avoid overeating when you finally got your meal.
- Pair carbohydrates with protein or fat – when eating carbs alone your body will convert them into glucose faster.
- Don’t be afraid of fat – fat does not influence your weight, instead, healthy fats help you absorb fat-soluble nutrients from low-fat foods, keep your skin and hair healthy, and makes your brain work more effectively.
- Always have breakfast – skipping your morning meal will lead you to consume more calories after.
- Never eat standing up or watching TV or checking your social media – it most likely will lead to overeating.
- Eat a pound of fruit and vegetable every day – people that eat much of fruits and vegetables weigh less.
- Have at least one meatless day a week – this may lower risks of chronic diseases and early mortality.
- Eat less sugar – it means you’ll eat fewer calories in general in your diet.