Those who try to lose or maintain healthy weight know how complicated it is to make lunch every morning before work or cook dinner from scratch every night. And sometimes, it is even impossible. The simple solution to this issued is to dedicate a couple hours on Sunday to meal preparation. When you know what to cook and what is the best way to do it, the whole process of preparation is a lot more simple. Here are the 10 foods that are the best to prepare on Sunday to have your healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on time:
- Whole-wheat or chickpea pasta.
- Hardboiled eggs.
- Whole chicken.
- Ground beef or turkey.
- Crunchy veggies.
- Roasted vegetables.
According to a new study, executed by the researchers from University College Dublin, Ireland, people who eat high-fat dairy foods like cheese have lower body mass index and cholesterol level.
A team of scientists examined the influence of dairy foods, like milk, cheese, yogurt, cream and butter on markers of body fatness and health in nearly 1,500 people aged between 18 and 90 years old. Having analyzed the give data, the researchers concluded that higher dairy intake was associated with lower body mass index, lower percentage of body fat, lower waist size and lower blood pressure.
Dr Emma Feeney of University College Dublin says: “What we saw was that in the high consumers (of cheese) they had a significantly higher intake of saturated fat than the non-consumers and the low consumers and yet there was no difference in their LDL cholesterol levels.”
Fermentation is a process during which natural bacteria feeds on the sugar and starch in the food. According to nutrition experts, eating certain fermented foods can help you eat less sugar and calories and lose weight, as this type of foods packed with gut-friendly enzymes acting like natural probiotics. Here is the list of foods that are both tasty and healthy:
- Fermented soy: can make your digestive system moving, toughen your immune system, and lower the risk of cancers.
- Kimchi: helps lose weight, improves blood sugar, blood pressure, and waist-hip ratio.
- Sauerkraut: converts unhealthy glucose into energy and gut-friendly lactic acid.
- Fermented ketchup: it’s much healthier than ordinary ketchup with no added sugars, gluten, and preservatives.
- Non-dairy yogurt: vegan food that is made by adding probiotic powder.
- Pickles: are packed with probiotics, promote healthy digestion.
In weight loss battle, the first waking moments are crucial as they lay the foundation for your choices throughout the whole day, and even the day after. That’s why it is so important to form good habits that you can back on when you’re just out of the bed. According to the experts, here are top 5 mistakes that can mess up your morning and lead to a weight gain:
- You oversleep. Why bad: getting more than 10 hours a night increases the risk of a higher BMI.
- You get ready in the dark. Why bad: blue light waves from the early morning sun help your internal clock synchronize and helps you lose weight.
- You do not make your bed. Why bad: according to a survey, bed-makers are 19% more likely to get a good night sleep and, as a consequence, a lower BMI.
- You skip the scale. Why bad: according to a study, those people who weighed themselves every day were more successful in losing weight.
- You skip your breakfast. Why bad: a study says that those people in a study who ate breakfast reported less hunger and fewer cravings.
When you want to lose some weight, it is very important to organise your fridge and pantry with foods that’ll help you to shed pounds without too much effort. There is a big variety of healthy foods and menus, but these are essential top 10 foods you should always have in your pantry:
- Steel-cut oats.
- Natural nutrition bar with 5 grammes of sugar or less.
- Fibre crackers.
- Canned tuna packed in water.
- Various nuts.
- Canned beans.
- White wine vinegar.
- Microwave popcorn.
- Whole grains.
- Protein powder.
More information about these foods is here.