5 Habits That Increase Risk of Diabetes
1. Lack of sleepStudies of Japanese scientists have shown that lack of sleep creates comfortable conditions for increasing the content of fatty acids in the blood, which is a pre-diabetic condition.
2. Depression and stressDuring many years of observation, scientists found that a high level of stress also leads to the onset of diabetes. German researchers, in particular, learned that serious stress, especially the one involving work, increases the risk of developing diabetes by 45%.
3. Simple carbohydrates in your dietThe body absorbs simple carbohydrates almost instantly, causing an attack of glycemia, that is, sharply increase the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
4. Excess fat in your dietAlmost all patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus are obese. As it turned out as a result of many years of research, the high level of fat in your food disrupts metabolic processes.
5. Sedentary lifestylePhysical activity causes the consumption of glycogen, which, thanks to carbohydrates, is stored by the body in muscles, liver and other organs. The higher the physical activity, the higher the level of glycogen in the tissues, which leads to an increase in the person's energy potential.
A human immune system consists of various cells, tissues, and proteins. In the system, they carry out the processes in our body that fight with pathogens — viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies. When a pathogen comes into contact with the immune system, the latter...
A new study from the US suggests that poor air quality and diabetes are closely connected. Researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis in collaboration with the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System in Missouri performed the study....
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more