5 Habits That Increase Risk of Diabetes
1. Lack of sleepStudies of Japanese scientists have shown that lack of sleep creates comfortable conditions for increasing the content of fatty acids in the blood, which is a pre-diabetic condition.
2. Depression and stressDuring many years of observation, scientists found that a high level of stress also leads to the onset of diabetes. German researchers, in particular, learned that serious stress, especially the one involving work, increases the risk of developing diabetes by 45%.
3. Simple carbohydrates in your dietThe body absorbs simple carbohydrates almost instantly, causing an attack of glycemia, that is, sharply increase the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
4. Excess fat in your dietAlmost all patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus are obese. As it turned out as a result of many years of research, the high level of fat in your food disrupts metabolic processes.
5. Sedentary lifestylePhysical activity causes the consumption of glycogen, which, thanks to carbohydrates, is stored by the body in muscles, liver and other organs. The higher the physical activity, the higher the level of glycogen in the tissues, which leads to an increase in the person's energy potential.
According to recent clinical research, with the results published in JAMA, high doses of vitamin D may prevent the growth of colorectal cancer in combination with chemotherapy. During the study, the researchers observed that progression of the disease in patients who...
A new study from Boston University, US, demonstrates that electrostimulation may improve the working memory in people in their 70s. In the course of the study, the researchers asked a group of people in their 20s and a group in their 60s and 70s to complete a bunch of...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more