5 Habits That Increase Risk of Diabetes
1. Lack of sleepStudies of Japanese scientists have shown that lack of sleep creates comfortable conditions for increasing the content of fatty acids in the blood, which is a pre-diabetic condition.
2. Depression and stressDuring many years of observation, scientists found that a high level of stress also leads to the onset of diabetes. German researchers, in particular, learned that serious stress, especially the one involving work, increases the risk of developing diabetes by 45%.
3. Simple carbohydrates in your dietThe body absorbs simple carbohydrates almost instantly, causing an attack of glycemia, that is, sharply increase the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
4. Excess fat in your dietAlmost all patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus are obese. As it turned out as a result of many years of research, the high level of fat in your food disrupts metabolic processes.
5. Sedentary lifestylePhysical activity causes the consumption of glycogen, which, thanks to carbohydrates, is stored by the body in muscles, liver and other organs. The higher the physical activity, the higher the level of glycogen in the tissues, which leads to an increase in the person's energy potential.
According to a recent research from the University of Manitoba, lentils in your meal may successfully fight high blood pressure, scientifically called hypertension. The researchers also found that eating lentils can reverse declines in blood vessel health. The results...
A new study, published in the British Journal of Cancer, reveals that men who used to binge-watch TV-shows may have the higher risk of developing colorectal cancer. For their study, a team of researchers analyzed data from UK Biobank, a health database of...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more