5 Habits That Increase Risk of Diabetes
1. Lack of sleepStudies of Japanese scientists have shown that lack of sleep creates comfortable conditions for increasing the content of fatty acids in the blood, which is a pre-diabetic condition.
2. Depression and stressDuring many years of observation, scientists found that a high level of stress also leads to the onset of diabetes. German researchers, in particular, learned that serious stress, especially the one involving work, increases the risk of developing diabetes by 45%.
3. Simple carbohydrates in your dietThe body absorbs simple carbohydrates almost instantly, causing an attack of glycemia, that is, sharply increase the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
4. Excess fat in your dietAlmost all patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus are obese. As it turned out as a result of many years of research, the high level of fat in your food disrupts metabolic processes.
5. Sedentary lifestylePhysical activity causes the consumption of glycogen, which, thanks to carbohydrates, is stored by the body in muscles, liver and other organs. The higher the physical activity, the higher the level of glycogen in the tissues, which leads to an increase in the person's energy potential.
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
A new study finds that brain volumes of people who regularly eat vegetables, fruit, and fish are on average 2ml greater than brain volumes of those who often drink sugary beverages. A brain volume reduction of 3.6ml equals to one year of aging. For the study, the...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more